Skip to content
- Death penalty: Opposes it except in the “most heinous” crimes, such as the Boston Marathon bombing and premeditated shootings of police officers.
- Civil asset forfeiture: The local D.A.’s office has used it to be “purely punitive”: “It was just to hurt people and bring in money.”
- Cash bail: Wants it to be abolished completely and replaced with a “points” system.
- Gifts: He wouldn’t accept gifts as D.A.
- Super PACs: “I don’t want super PAC money.”
- On how to fight crime: Go after narcotics organizations, do a better job of prosecuting illegal gun purchases, support a “community-based approach” to reducing crime.
- On whether bad cops are sufficiently held accountable: “We can do things better to create more trust in the system.”